“Hey, why are you guys called RED?”
We get asked that all the time, and I wish there was a better answer. The truth probably has something to do with the idea that we’re not terribly clever. Since I can’t exactly admit to that in public, (just here on the little tiny internet) I have a variety of “better” reasons, and here they are:
Top 10 reasons for naming our acoustic group RED:
- I’ve got a rash and Chris is embarrassed to be seen with me.
- We’re Commies
- All of the good names were taken
- It’s a short word, so you can print it REALLY big on the posters. We try to be considerate of both the color-blind and the visually impaired.
- We’re NOT a blues band. (This may be the actual real reason.)
- We just love King Crimson.
- Santa Claus is red.
- Blood is red (which is good as long as it remains on the inside)
- We are not Right-Hand Red, but Matt is a nice guy and gets lots of gigs, so maybe we can “accidentally” capitalize on that. I think we have a couple times.
- It’s an acronym. (you can submit your guesses as to what it might be via email.)